“Rule #32 – Enjoy the Little Things” ~ Zombieland
This morning while driving I was reminded that it’s the little things in life that we need to appreciate. My son had to point out that this is also Rule #32 in Zombieland, so it must be important!
Our daily lives seem to become more high stress and demand more and more each day. As an entrepreneur in a state that is considered the 8th largest economy in the world, I feel the pressure of success daily. It is during these times that I need to remind myself to stop and appreciate the little things.
Below is a list of some little things that may make me smile.
- Sunrises and Sunsets
- Puppy Breath
- The smell of popcorn when you enter the movie theatre
- The small cry of a newborn
- Someone saying thank you after you go out of your way to be nice
- Vacation with great friends
- A warm breeze on a summer afternoon
- The unexpected hoot of an owl while sitting on the porch swing
- A loving, respectful spouse
- Teenagers (I know weird, but imagine someone who has lost their child, I’m sure they’d love to be dealing with a teenager rather than their grief)
- Spring flowers
- Summer fruit
I could go on and on. There are so many little things to be thankful for that we should stop and appreciate. I hope that this post has helped you stop and take a minute to think of some of the things that make you smile. I’d love to hear some of your favorite little things in life!
Thanks for reading!
PS ~ Check out our new website design if you haven’t stopped by in a while ~ http://www.statusnotquo.com